Moving Abroad: Problem canceling DSL contract

Gelöst

Hello,

I am moving abroad and want to cancel all my contracts with Telekom. I found a link in this website for canceling but it asks for phone number (Vorwahl and Rufnummer ) I have only used the DSL feature and couldn't find anything in the letters I have kept from Telekom. Unfortunately I haven't received any "real invoice" by email just a notification with a link that today I discovered doesn't work for me! I cannot find the information about my contract and invoices in my Telekom account and as always I am struggling with the German only website!!! I found something on the website after lots of searching! as Hauptvertrag, I used it to fill Vorwahl and Rufnummer fields, I wonder if that's the right info.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone helps me to cancel my contract and return my modem and sim-card. I have a modem with a sim-card that was supposed to improve the internet speed. Should I return them separately or together and how should I return them?

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG
Lösung

Hey @b.yousefi2911 

thanks a lot for your post.
I see that a cancellation has already been posted for your contract.
As has been mentioned, you will need to return the router as well.
I have sent you a return label via email.

Many greetings
Markus Km.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen  

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
and as always I am struggling with the German only website!!!

Well, that actually you cannot blame on Telekom.

Will I get a German website non German speaking countries?

Anyhow, in this primarily customers-help-customers forum only a Telekom Teamie micht sort it out for you.

The SIM card you do not need to send back, but with the mobile number possibly a Teamie can identify you.

@muc80337_2  schrieb:
Will I get a German website non German speaking countries?

It is so funny that you compare English with German! English is the INTERNATIONAL language, whether you like it or not! 

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I am still waiting to receive help from a Telekom employee on how to end my contract and return the modem. The online chat is a disaster! They provided wrong information and ended the chat rudely! 

I am looking forward to ending my contract with Telekom! 

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
English is the INTERNATIONAL language, whether you like it or not! 

You name it. 

The NATIONAL language in Germany is German, whether you like it or not!

The implications of that: a lot of Telekom people in the support team will not communicate in English, but rather in German.

I have and had colleagues living and working in Germany for years, who communicated exclusively in English, a shame, they admit/admitted themselves

Your problem is not only the language problem but also that you do not know about your contract.

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
The online chat is a disaster! They provided wrong information and ended the chat rudely! 

Chat in German and have the required information available, then you will get right information and a solution to your problem.

Alternatively you can wait until a Teamie will show up who is willing to take the case in English.

From your earlier thread, where you wrote

You cannot expect everyone to be able to speak German but everyone should be able to communicate in English in some level at least basic!

Try to get German tax forms in English.

You will fail.

Hence you pay an expert to handle that for you.

For Telekom you might as well pay a person to translate for you.

Lösung

Hey @b.yousefi2911 

thanks a lot for your post.
I see that a cancellation has already been posted for your contract.
As has been mentioned, you will need to return the router as well.
I have sent you a return label via email.

Many greetings
Markus Km.

Thank you very much @Markus Km.  for looking into my problem and sending the return label and additional information.

Today, after lots of searching I found this link https://retoure.telekom-dienste.de/miete/ and created a QR-code to return my router. Can I use the QR-code? Unfortunately, I don't have a printer to print the label you sent me via email. QR code option seems easier to me Fröhlich

Good evening @b.yousefi2911 ,

you found the right way for returning your router. 

You do not need to print anything. Please use the QR code an you do not have to do anything else except of placing the router in a box an take it to DHL for returning.

Best regards

Sarah D.

Hello,

Could someone please help me and stop ANY contract that I have with Telekom.

I moved abroad on October 24th and informed you from several channels! Emailed, posted here, send a webform! I asked in any way that I knew to please end any contracts that I have with you! Still I am getting billed for services I don't use!!!!!!

Please stop it and refund me!

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
Still I am getting billed for services I don't use!!!!!!

Please give us all positions on page 2 of the bill (only most left column, which is the name of product) and the time period of the bill.

Thanks.

I wish I had a bill! I have never received any proper bill. Just email notifications! All I have is a message and information on the bank transaction. I don't know really what you are looking for. I am not using any of your services. Just cancel ALL contracts that I have with you. 

My transaction says something like this

Festnetz Vertragskonto xxxxx RG xxxx/28.11.2022

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
I wish I had a bill! I have never received any proper bill. Just email notifications!

Well if you did not download the bills from the customer portal... the email notifications were pointing to the fact that the bills are available for download.

Alternatively it is possible/it would have been possible for you to choose that you get the complete bill / invoice sent in the email, not a mere notification.

Good to know: both @falk2010 and me are just customers that try to help, while @Sarah D. or @Markus Km. are Telekom Teamies.

Hi @b.yousefi2911,

Your contract ran until November 18th, 2022. This period has been calculated.
That was the last bill.

Many greetings
Markus Km.

Hi @Markus Km. 

Thanks for looking into the issue. It is good to know that I won't be charged anymore.

Can I ask why my contract ran till November? I asked for cancellation on October.

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
Can I ask why my contract ran till November? I asked for cancellation on October.

Of course you can ask.

You could also read German telecommunication law - cancellation is within one month period after requesting.

You opened the thread on October 18th.

Your contract ended on November 18th - i.e. one month later.

Thanks for answering my question @muc80337_2 ,
As far as I know, cancelation duo to moving abroad is a special case. I cancelled my electricity contract right away. I don't know why it is only Telekom that I have this problem with! Anyway as far as my business would be done with this company I am happy!

Regarding the bill, I tried to follow the link in the email and no luck! I believe I also checked the option of receiving the bill by email last time that I found that in the website. It is needless to say that Telekom websites have horrible UX. Fortunately I don't need to use it anymore. 

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
As far as I know, cancelation duo to moving abroad is a special case.

Not special with respect to telecommunication. The very same rules apply as if you move to a new location in Germany. Why  should other rules apply if moving abroad?

https://www.telekom.de/hilfe/auftrag-erste-schritte/umzug/umzug-ins-ausland

@b.yousefi2911  schrieb:
I cancelled my electricity contract right away. I don't know why it is only Telekom that I have this problem with!

That depends on the details of your electricity contract - probably you were in the "Grundversorger" tariff. In a different tariff I assume you would have had a longer time to wait for the end of the contract.

Also if you have e.g. a German insurance contract do not assume that this will terminate immediately.

You would have faced the very same situation if you had chosen a different telco provider, rather than Telekom.

Hi @b.yousefi2911,

regarding the cancellation date. The cancellation time for a move in another country is a month. Hence your cancellation date in November.

Kind regards

Sören G.