Willkommen in der Business Community

Die Telekom Community für Geschäftskunden

Aktueller Hinweis

can i link another router to my speedport smart router?

Gelöst

Hello i have internet through telekom mobile. The router they brought me was the speedport smart. Its a nice router but the only problem i have with it is that it does not reach my spare bedroom that i was going to turn into my gaming room. So i went and bought a TP-Link router to link to the speedport smart to extend the internet range and make it a little smoother and faster. But whenever i try to plug the tp-link router into the speedport smart router it says that internet access is restricted and it won't let me use the internet i've tried like 8 different things like unplugging and plugging in both routers over and over. Does anyone have any suggestions or know any reasons why it wont let me use this other router with this one?

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG
Lösung

@jacob.ronowski Since I don‘t have one right now I can‘t tell you the exact path but under Network settings (or LAN settings) there must be an option for DHCP and IP config. The static IP should something be like:

IP Adress: 192.168.2.88

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Router: 192.168.2.1

The most important point is to use it only as an access point so that you turn DHCP off and connect the LAN cable to the LAN (not WAN) port.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen  

@jacob.ronowski You have to connect the TP Link Router through LAN with the Speedport. On the TP-Link Router you must turn DHCP off and you should give him an static IP. After that it should be ready to use as a normal access point.

I got all of that done but i dont know how to give it a static ip?

Lösung

@jacob.ronowski Since I don‘t have one right now I can‘t tell you the exact path but under Network settings (or LAN settings) there must be an option for DHCP and IP config. The static IP should something be like:

IP Adress: 192.168.2.88

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Router: 192.168.2.1

The most important point is to use it only as an access point so that you turn DHCP off and connect the LAN cable to the LAN (not WAN) port.

Telekom hilft Team
Hallo @jacob.ronowski,

thank you for your contribution to the community.

Did the article by FelixKruemel help you?
If you continue to have problems, please contact the community.

Best regards Melanie B.