Internet connection start date

Hello,

I had signed a contract for a new internet connection with Telekom asking to start the connection from 17th of May. But in the beginning of May I got a letter stating that the conneciton the line work is scheduled on the 26th of June.

After much clarification I received the "Schnell Start" but now the 30 GB limit is over.

Also, some days back I got the a mail stating that the internet connection setup date is further delayed and an exact date cannot be assigned now. It has been already more than 2 months since I'm waiting for a simple connection in my apartment.

Is there any way to cancel the contract now? Because there is no point in waiting any further.

Also, as the schnell start data of 30 GB is over and I do not have any sort of internet now.

What can be done?

Hello @arjuninstil,

I think there is a point in waiting at least until a team member here is getting back to you. Reason is, if even Deutsche Telekom is failing to provide the line, a reseller like 1&1 or O2 might be struggling even harder. The story might be different if your flat is equipped with a different technology, such as a (TV) cable connection.

I see that you have added your customer data to your profile; just wait a little bit longer until someone from the team gets back to you here. Usually they can also fill up your Schnellstart package again.

ER

Hello @ExRatinger,

I had telekom internet connection from the previous tenant in the same apartment. I just got a new contract as the old contarct was ending on the 17th of May. So, I dont think there is a need of a new wiring or something. 

I dont understand what is this delay for.

BR

Hi @arjuninstil,

There is still a lof of major upgrade works in some regions related to the switch to All-IP networks. For example, when there is a "BNG upgrade" happening, no changes can be made for the duration of four weeks.

But this is just guesswork, again, please be patient until an actual Telekom employee can have a look at your account. Sometimes it takes just a few hours, sometimes 1-2 days.

ER

Hallo Community Guides,

kann das hier mal jemand eskalieren, bitte?

Danke

ER

Hello,

Is there any alternative or any solution to the problem?

Thanks!

Telekom hilft Team
Hello @arjuninstil,

I'm sorry for my late answer here.

I had a look at the order and @ExRatinger was right. The delay is a result of a technical migration (the mentioned BNG upgrade) that was going on until today. Now it is finished and the order could be reprocessed. There will be no change in the date, the first free appointment with a technician on June 26th could be reserved again.
Fröhlich

I just sent you a new voucher with free data for your Schnellstart router by email.

Kind regards Inga Kristina J.

Hello @Inga Kristina J. ,

Thank you for the information. Yes got the voucher and connected. Fröhlich

It's good news that the appointment with technician is reserved again on the 26th of June.

Also, I would like to know that package is only for the internet and not along with the TV connection?

Thanks,

Arjun 

Telekom hilft Team
Hi @arjuninstil,

no, it is for TV, too: MagentaZuhause M mit TV plus one Media Receiver 401.
It's exactly the same package you can see on your confirmation of the order from April 10th.

Kind regards, Inga Kristina J.
Hi,

But I did not receive the Media receiver, also I had asked the store where I made the contract that I do not require TV.

Thanks,
Arjun
Telekom hilft Team
Hi @arjuninstil,

the Media Receiver will arrive just before the contract starts.

The Telekom Shop didn't make any remark that you wished a change. So that's a problem: I don't have the right to change an order that was booked in a Telekom Shop. For these orders there is no right of withdrawal.

The only ones who can change this order are the employees in the Telekom Shop. If you go there and ask if they would change it, maybe they agree.
Traurig

Hi @Inga Kristina J. ,

When I received the confirmation letter there where many details in it that was not communicated to me by them. I went there many times and asked them repeatedly to change it to only internet connection without TV. They said they have made the relevant changes. And also in the confirmation letter I received the receiver was supposed to reach me on the 17th of May, but it has not yet reached me till today. The confirmation letter also only says about MTV not MTV plus. 

How can these many things go wrong?

Thanks,

Arjun

Telekom hilft Team
Oh sorry, that was my clumsy wording. The "plus" was not meant to belong to the tariff. I just wanted to say that the Media Receiver was added.
Of course it's just MagentaZuhause M mit TV.

The dispatch of the Media Receiver was automatically deferred because it makes no sense that you pay for the device before you can use it.
But no, they changed nothing about the contract. Do you have a written confirmation that it should be changed to a tariff without TV? If so, maybe I am allowed to make these changes.

They did not provide a written confirmation. 

Can please you let me know how I can get one or if there any particular format in which I should ask them?

Thank & Regards,

Arjun

Hi Arjun,

Totally your decision of course, but have you ever considered actually using MagentaTV?

Because the MR has a built-in hard disk and allows to record also the Pro7 Sat1 channels, it is far superior IMO to other offerings in the market and with all the discounts and compensations with a new contract I assume that the effective costs are marginal.

Just saying... as a ten years plus user.

ER

HI @ExRatinger ,

Thank you for you reply.

Actully I'm not a TV guy. So it will not be mucg use for me. Hence I do not want a package with TV.

Thanks,

Arjun

Telekom hilft Team
Hi @arjuninstil,

I take over for my colleague at this point.
For such a confirmation from the Telekom Shop there is no special format. You have to go there again. It is a goodwill decision because there is no right of withdrawal.

Kind regards, Anja N.

Hi @Anja N. ,

I don't want to withdraw. Its just the internet connection I asked for. So now to change it to only internet without MTV.

Thanks,

Arjun

Telekom hilft Team
@arjuninstil,

that is not possible at the moment because of the contract term.

After that the conversion is possible.

Kind regards, Anja N.