New contract with Telekom from Vodafone with Special Termination

Gelöst

Hello!

Apologies in advance as I can only write fluently in English.

I'm currently a customer with Vodafone DSL who really, really wants to move from their DSL contract to Telekom's Magenta contract.

I have been having a DSL outage for the past 3 weeks with Vodafone now with no improvement, and the last straw was that the latest technician I spoke to on the phone hung up on me rudely and marked my ticket as being done and issue resolved despite me having said very clearly that the issue still persists. So based on those things I want to terminate my contract with Vodafone on a Special Termination condition due to them not having provided the service, and sign up for Telekom instead.

Having said that, I saw that on your webpage it is strongly recommended that I sign up for your services with having you handle the termination. The normal contract would not expire until July next year due to it having extended a year so I am afraid that if I just sign up for your contract it will cause me to be stuck with the horrible Vodafone service until July, which I do NOT want.

So I was hoping to get some advice on how I could proceed here. I want the move to the Telekom Magenta service as smooth as possible, but also as fast as possible.

I also wrote a similar message to your email customer support, but I haven't heard back from them more than 4 business days now, so I'm trying my luck here.

Thank you in advance for any advices!

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Dear @miruec,

@miruec  schrieb:

Just to clarify, I should contact Vodafone directly for the Special Termination before I try to arrange any contracts with Telekom for the Magenta service then?

Yes, for your own sake. You should make sure that Vodafone agrees to termination or else you may stuck in two contracts until July, 2019.

Kind regards,

Marlise

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen  

Dear @miruec Welcome to our platform (Telekom hilft Community)

@miruec schrieb:

[...]

I'm currently a customer with Vodafone DSL who really, really wants to move from their DSL contract to Telekom's Magenta contract.

[...]

Do I understand this paragraph correctly by reading that Vodafone wants you to move with your contract to Telekom?

The normal way is that after termination and legal confirmation through the current provider (Vodafone), the new provider (Telekom) will take care of the installation.

So I would suggest you to clarify this issue with Vodafone and ask for special termination as mentioned in your post. Telekom can't interfere in this respect. However, they may give you support, regarding the Magenta tariff.

For this reason please enter your personal data 

hier    A telephone number will be good enough.

A Telekom member might contact you, if necessary. Remember, it's Christmas time and due to that the staff is very busy.

Kind regards,

Marlise

Hello,

I want to move away from Vodafone DSL to Magenta because of the reasons I mentioned above, not Vodafone telling me to move.

Just to clarify, I should contact Vodafone directly for the Special Termination before I try to arrange any contracts with Telekom for the Magenta service then?

Dear @miruec,

@miruec  schrieb:

Yes, for your own sake. You should make sure that Vodafone agrees to termination or else you may stuck in two contracts until July, 2019.

Kind regards,

Marlise

Thank you very much for your replies. I will contact Vodafone tomorrow and try to arrange something with them.