Telekom has the worst customer service of all times.

Gelöst

First of all, I am sorry that I cannot speak German. Please read my story and make a judgement on your own.

Today, I had to call the English hotline, as I am going to move to another city, and wanted to transfer my contract. After waiting for 2 hours(not joking) on the phone, I gave up and decided to try the German hotline.

I know that the Umzug can take 3 to 4 weeks. This is a stupidly long amount of time for moving, but I decided to live with that.

However, the customer representative on the phone told me to make an appointment 4 weeks later, because there is a work on the line in my new address. They said, they cannot initiate anything now, that I need to wait 4 weeks to get an appointment which will probably be for 4 weeks later. 

This isn't my first issue with Telekom. A few years ago, they couldn't fix an issue which was totally related to themselves, they sent technicians multiple times, left me without internet for a month, and they asked me to pay for the technicians and for the service that I couldn't even use. After 2 years, after I did all my part, they are not even capable of moving my internet in a proper amount of time, and they will again ask money for their amazingly useless service. 

I've worked with many other ISP's around the world. I can safely say that I haven't seen such a terribly managed customer service. 

I wrote everything here, since nowadays, you cannot get attention unless you write something on the internet. Once my contract is over, I will never ever work with you again Telekom. Enjoy your low quality standards.

2 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNGEN
Lösung
@alpercetiner11,

thank-you for the replay.

If you need any support, just let me know.
Meanwhile, I will mark your post as a solution.

Kind regards
Anja W.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen  

Hello,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

Someone from Telekom customer service called me, and basically said the same thing. I was informed that I will be called during this week (after 11th) and be given an appointment. If I cannot get anyone, I'll let you know.

Thank you for your help.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen  

Auch die anderen ISP auf der ganzen Welt nutzen Frozen Zones um Systemupdates einzuspielen. Genau so eine Frozen Zone zum Hardware- und Softwareupdate liegt bei dir vor. Davon sind alle Anschlüsse in dem Bereich betroffen.

Even though this is the case, it still doesn't explain why such long waiting times exist with Telekom. It is almost always the slowest service possible. Even though there is a Frozen Zone in this area -which you assume I guess- don't they know when it will be finished? Can't they just give me an appointment for a day after their work is done? Why do I have to wait for 4 weeks just to get an appointment for 4 weeks later after that? 

Ach weißt Du, ich bin auch nur Kunde hier und deine agressive Art muss ich mir hier nicht antun.

Please don't get me wrong. You are trying to help me here and I am aware of that. My aggressive behaviour is not against you, but against Telekom. I am sorry if you felt like that, but please don't take it personally. Also, thank you very much for your time.
Actually, no, they cant tell you at which certain Point the work is finished and the Frozen Zone will be lifted, all you can do is wait and call the Customer Service again after the 4 Weeks they told ya. This might not be the Answer you want to hear or you are satisfied with, but no other answer will or more like can be given to ya Besorgt

@olliMD  schrieb:

Ach weißt Du, ich bin auch nur Kunde hier und deine agressive Art muss ich mir hier nicht antun.

Gar nicht drauf eingehen...

Immer wieder erstaunlich wie kurzfristig die Leute umziehen, die werden immer ausgebombt oder sind abgebrannt, anders ist es nicht zu erklären...

In Wahrheit wurde es sicher oft genug selbst verpennt und man versucht jetzt den Frust über sich selbt auf ein anderes Ziel zu lenken.

@alpercetiner11  schrieb:
After waiting for 2 hours(not joking) on the phone,

Well - needless to say - this isn't funny and cannot at all contribute to a decent customer satisfaction level.

I also guess that the fuzz is about a frozen zone - and that can last up to three months, following what I have read in other threads. While frozen zones are a means used worldwide I cannot tell you why the duration must be that long in the current scenario (probably introduction of BNG in the area of the new address). My guess is that the issue is about synchronizing different neighborhoods aligning them so that for the whole area the BNG migration can take place. But as pointed out, it is a guess.

Luckily in many cases there are workaround solutions like e.g hotspot usage or mobile network usage.

Telekom hilft Team
Hello @alpercetiner11,

please excuse my late response.

After what you've been through so far, I absolutely understand your anger and disappointment. I'm so sorry! Traurig I'll try and clear this up. For a short legitimation on the phone, could you tell me when a call would be okay?

Some explanation, as far as no sensitive data is included: The new address is provided with a new built fibre line, which currently still has to be documented in our line data base. This is one of the processes we need to await.

Concerning the frozen zone, my system info showed that it should be over on 11th of december. After this date, according to the data, the booking of the line is possible again.

If you like, I'll have another look on the availability next week and get back to you with new infos.

Kind regards
Anna Si.
Hello,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

Someone from Telekom customer service called me, and basically said the same thing. I was informed that I will be called during this week (after 11th) and be given an appointment. If I cannot get anyone, I'll let you know.

Thank you for your help.
Lösung
@alpercetiner11,

thank-you for the replay.

If you need any support, just let me know.
Meanwhile, I will mark your post as a solution.

Kind regards
Anja W.